HOLY COMMUNION part3
EATING THE FLESH AND DRINKING THE BLOOD OF JESUS
How can one eat the flesh of Jesus and drink His blood? (Jn 6:53) Holy Communion is a demonstration of a deeper spiritual truth. You eat His flesh and drink His blood through:
Assimilation Of Christian Doctrine Through Mind Renewal
The emblems of Holy Communion bread and wine should be likened to the material symbolism of God’s personal appearance in the Ark of the Covenant. In the Old Testament, the Lord communed with His people from the Mercy Seat.
- Exposure to the five-fold ministry through teachings in books, tapes, conferences and workshops.
- Effective utilization of revelations obtained directly through dreams, visions, still voice of the Holy Spirit, spiritual discernment and prophetic declarations.
- Membership of and effective participation in a local church for the purpose of continuing “steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayer.” (Acts 2:42).
- Daily administration of Holy Communion is imperative. “And they, continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladness and singleness of heart, praising God” (Acts 2:46-47).
- Living a life of unity and obedience to the revealed will of the Master, bearing one another’s burden. “So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart, praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.” (Acts 2:44-45).
- Verbalizing scriptures to increase faith: “So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God” (Rom 10:17).