TRIBULATION PERIOD JUDGMENTS
Judgments of the Tribulation Period
The Seal, Trumpet and Vial judgement of the Book of Revelation will claim not less than fifty per cent of the entire population of the world at that time in two separate judgments. In the second half of the Tribulation “…power was given to them over a fourth of the earth, to kill with sword, with hunger, with death, and by the beasts of the earth” (Rev 6:8). Towards the end of the seventh year an additional third of mankind will be killed. “So the four angels … were released to kill a third of mankind … and out of their mouths came fire, smoke, and brimstone. By these three plagues a third of mankind was killed–by the fire and the smoke and the brimstone which came out of their mouths” (Rev 9:15-18). Assuming a world population of eight billion by midterm of the Jewish seventieth heptad, the pale horse rider of the fourth seal will cause the death of two billion people. The seventh vial judgment a few days to the battle of Armageddon will claim another two billion lives, totalling four billion.
Events On the Earth
After the rapture of the church, satanic deception and destruction unprecedented in human history will take place for seven years. Presented below is a summary of the major events.
First Half of the Tribulation Period
- Collapse of governments and institutions in different parts of the world.
- Eclipse of USA as a world power and the emergence of the antichrist as a man of peace and world leader through the European Union – 7thworld empire.
- Confirmation by world leader of ‘covenant’ between Israel and her Arab neighbors for seven years.
- With the departure of true saints of God, the Holy Spirit anoints 144,000 Jewish evangelists to preach the gospel of the kingdom for a witness for forty-two months. “And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world as a witness to all the nations, and then the end will come” (Mt 24:14). The gospel of the kingdom (not of grace of God) shall be preached during the Tribulation Period before this era finally comes to an end.
- Introduction of the number of the Beast as a credit card to ration scare resources and eliminate the use of cash. The numbering system based on triple six digits to capture birthday, geographical location and computer-generated identification number becomes universal but implantable voluntarily.
- Rebuilding of the Jewish Temple in Jerusalem and the restoration of the Jewish mode of worship – return of Judaism as a great deception to the Jewish people.
- Israel gives up her nuclear arsenal, combat-readiness and becomes like “a land of unwalled villages … a peaceful people, who dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates.” (Ezek 38:11)
- Battle of Gog. Invasion of Israel from the North by Russia, Iran, Syria and their allies.
- Antichrist’s feigned defense of Israel is a ploy to bring armies loyal to him into Jerusalem. But Israel will be saved supernaturally by God.
- Emergence of the second Beast, the False Prophet, with signs and wonders.
- The triumph of ecumenism. The movement towards one-world religion is realized as true believers are persecuted. By this time, a one-world economy would already be in place through centralized control of buying and selling.
- God’s two Special Witnesses Moses and Elijah are commissioned to take over the preaching of the gospel of the kingdom from 144,000 Jewish Evangelists as they prepare to be raptured alive from Mount Zion (Rev 14:1).
Second Half of the Tribulation Period
After forty-two months is the Great Tribulation or Jacob’s Trouble. In this half the power of evil will be released on earth under the permissive will of God. Most of the first three and half years will largely be persecution-free. Agents of the kingdom of darkness will recognize the ‘man of peace’ as their leader and sheath their sword for a short while. The Antichrist will seek to consolidate his position by convincing the Jews that he is their expected Messiah. Towards the end of the first half, Russia and her allies will attack Israel thus giving the Antichrist his chance to relocate from Brussels to Jerusalem ostensibly in line with the ‘covenant’ to defend Israel against external aggression. He will move into the rebuilt Temple and make it his headquarters.
In the second half the Beast’s true nature and reign of terror begin to unfold. The numbering system will become compulsory. He will desecrate the Jewish Temple by slaughtering a big in the altar – an abomination to the Jews. Then will begin a series of judgments:
Seven Seal Judgments
- The first is a White Horse. This will release the Antichrist to begin his reign of terror.
- The second Seal is the red horse that removes peace from the earth.
- The third Seal is the Black Horse that heralds worldwide famine and hunger.
- The fourth Seal is the pale horse that brings death closely followed by hell.
Seven Trumpet Judgments
Trumpet Judgments will devastate one-third of earth and man. In summary trumpets 1-4 judgments are directed against the physical earth, trumpets 5-6 judgments are directed against mankind while the 7th trumpet is also the last woe, the final warning regarding the forthcoming seven vial judgments. The seven vial judgments are the last in the series completing the wrath of God under His direct will that began in the 7th Seal.
Seven Vial Judgments
Vial judgments are worldwide; affect man and earth. The seven vial judgments will be poured out in rapid succession in a few days; otherwise no human being will survive. As a consequence of the judgments:
- All cities will collapse.
- All man-made satellites in orbit will burn and fall to the ground.
- All islands shall flee away.
- Mountains shall break up and disappear.
- Jerusalem which is Mt Zion shall be divided into three parts.
- The seat of the Antichrist known as “Babylon” will be burned with fire.
- A massive number of people worldwide will perish in the earthquake and hail falling from heaven.
- Although the present earth continues to exist until destroyed by fire after the Battle of Gog and Magog, the topography of the earth will be altered to make it look like the earth ceded to Adam. The massive occupation of the earth up to 70% by water will be reduced to a few rivers for drinking water and land irrigation in the millennium. All claims to land and landed properties will not hold. The wife of Christ will apportion land for residence and farming to millennial citizens.
The seventh vial is the completion of God’s wrath (Rev 16:17-21). Thus, immediately after announcing ‘it is done’ the Lord Jesus Christ with His wife, other saints and holy angels land on Mount of Olives in Jerusalem to confront an assemblage of world forces at the valley of Megiddo. Then follows the Battle of Armageddon, liberation of besieged Israelites, judgment of Gentile nations and individuals and the commencement of Kingdom reign in that order.